Ok, so you’re looking for something quick and easy to make after training… You’re stuck for something that tastes good AND is healthy too. You’re bored of protein bars and junk food is out of the question. So what do you do..?
Well, the answer is quite easy – a smoothie.
All you need are some fruits, nuts and berries, some juice, a blender and you’re good to go. Watch this video to show you how easy it is.
A list of what to put in is below the video.
What To Put In
- Juice – preferably apple as it’s alkalising for the body
- Almonds for protein – soaked preferably (see Soaking Almonds video here)
- Blue berries/black berries
- Grapes – preferably black
These are suggestions. If you don’t like these options, feel free to use other fruits that are to your taste. Always use the best fruits you can find, organic if you can, or home grown where possible.
Other ingredients you can use are:
- Kiwi fruit
- Apricots (not dried)
- Goji berries
- Brazil Nuts for fats and protein
- Walnuts for fats and protein
- Seeds – including Flax, Sunflower, Pumpkin and Sesame seeds
to name just some you can use. Make sure that your ingredients are unprocessed and are in as much of their natural state as possible.
Disclaimer: This recipe does contain nuts. Consult with your doctor before taking any nut products if you’re unsure if you have any nut allergies.