This is a question I get asked from time to time, so rather than me repeat myself, I thought it better to write about it.
Now, many people can visualise. Many people can see themselves in their mind. If you can day dream, you can visualise!
But when it comes down to practising a technique, or training for a tournament, what do you do?
Well, this is where a bit of technology can help very nicely.
What I used to do myself, and recommend to athletes that I work with, is that you video yourself kicking and review it. Now you are actually looking at yourself kicking. This serves many purposes.
Firstly, if your technique needs improving, then you can see where it needs to be worked on. Secondly, if it’s nowhere near where you would like it to be, then you can switch it. You can use video from DVD’s or online to visualise what the correct technique is and adopt that as your own.
I used this many times in my career and is one of the fastest ways you can instill someone else’s technique into your own brain.
There have been many times shortly after I watched someone do a technique in a tournament that I did it automatically myself. My brain absorbed that technique so much that I did it without even thinking. You can use this yourself and then rehearse that while you’re visualising.
So, if you’re having difficulty “trying” to visualise, then use someone else to guide you to as to what to do!
If you have any questions about visualising, or any other psychology training, feel free to drop me a line below. 8)
- See me repeat me – Duran Duran demo 1979 | YouTube UK
- Media Group Italia – Virtual March Madness Tournament East Region …
- Fitness Exercises – Tae Kwon Do Cardio Workouts
- Miramar Dual Diagnosis- Emotional Freedom Technique in Alcohol and …
- Learning Meditation For Visualisation And Success Generation …
- Philadunkia » HOLIDAY TIME
- If someone writes a blog and you then publish it in a book do you …
- Microsoft Training Certifications » 9DOWNSOFT Free Download Software
- Warrior Tae Kwon Do – Cork, Ireland – Warriors are All Styles …
- A Simple Question for the B&B | The Truth About Cars
- Buttercream Frosting Technique | The Party Dress
- Now let's visualise how the digital economy bill has changed..
- Taekwondo Sparring: Roundhouse Kick Counter | TaeKwonDo Germany
- What is the point in learning Tae Kwon Do forms. (Katas)? | The …
- Tae Kwon Do Sparring – Match 1 Round 1 – Tim | The Tae Kwon Do …
- The Final 4 for the 2008 Ncaa Tournament: North Carolina, Memphis …
- Alford: Time to Stop Giving the Fed a Free Pass « naked capitalism
- Button looks for repeat glory in Malaysia | N3WS LIVE
- MeFeedia Launches HTML5 Video Advertising
- Quarterly Pattern to Repeat